Our kids need our focus … our undivided attention.

Not every fourth dimension that they ask for information technology, simply often. Let me tell yous a story that brought this to life.

Dear Parents Our Kids Need Our Focus

Our son was at soccer practice and non doing as well as he could. I heard his motorcoach calling his proper name over and over once again. I heard his motorbus saying things like "Pay attention" and "Why aren't you trying hard today?"

30 minutes before this practice started, we were at domicile, running late (as usual). He had lost his soccer brawl… once more. We looked everywhere and finally gave up and took his blood brother'due south ball.

When we arrived at the field, our son ran correct out onto the field with his squad. He was excited to be out there and even more excited to see his friends. Perfect solar day, right? Wrong.

Since everything seemed to exist going great. During practice, I walked away from the field to take our other kids to the playground. It was close to the field and I could still hear and see what was going on in the exercise. After near 10 minutes, we came dorsum over to sit down and spotter the rest of our son'south do. While sitting down, I realized that I had sat right adjacent to a friend of mine… some other parent on the squad. We started talking and catching up.

That'due south when it started. The "Pay attention" and the "Effort harder" comment. Then, he started goofing off. Instantly I was embarrassed. He wasn't doing anything incorrect… I was.

He was standing at that place looking and watching me talk. I could see it in his eyes, he was upset, about disappointed at me that I was not paying attention to him. I was at the field for him, but not really There FOR HIM. Once information technology dawned on me, I immediately felt bad and at present he was getting called out for it.

The rest of the exercise I focused my attending on him considering it was HIS practice. Information technology was not the time for me to catch up with friends, nor the time for me to leave to push his siblings on the swings. That was stuff that I could do once his practice was over. This 1 hr was his… and he had asked me to take him and lookout him. He deserved it and I said that I would, so I needed to hold upward my end of the bargain.

For the remainder of practise, when he made a skilful play, he looked over to me. He was waiting for me to give him a big 'thumbs up.' When he got knocked over by the biggest kid on the team by hustling and trying to get the ball, again he looked over at me. My reaction would curve his reaction. My attention would help his attention.

Later on we got dwelling house, I walked down to the mailbox to get the post. Inside was a flyer for our local shop. On the front of the brochure, was a flick of soccer goalie surrounded by his teammates. They were all smiling and pouring water over his caput.

I sabbatum there and looked at it for a few minutes. I idea about how it was a sign, a perfectly timed sign, as a reminder of my day with our son. Instead of showering Water on his caput, it would be our Attending.

Parents, I know we get pulled in a thousand unlike directions. TRUST ME… I completely empathize. Work, 4 kids, a house, two pets…. I get it.

However, we have to remember that our kids are always watching and looking at u.s., fifty-fifty when we don't know it. They are making sure that we are their biggest fans… and we are, so lets show it.

What exercise you think?